September 23, 2017

Signs I'm reading a really good book


Once in a while, I'll read a book that really captivates me. There's something about these special books that make them more than just a good read. They tend to take over my life while I'm in the midst of reading them. How so? Here are five ways.

  1. I don't want to pause in the middle of reading it, even to go to work or to sleep. I also consider missing my train stop during my work commute so that I can finish the chapter I'm on.
  2. It's all I think about during the day. Even my mood in real life is determined by what's happening in the book.
  3. I start looking for other books written by the author because I'm convinced that they're all going to be as awesome as the book I'm reading. I look up the author's website and stalk her/him on social media because I can't get enough.
  4. I wish I had half of the writing talent that the author of the book has.
  5. I don't want the book to end.

How about you? What is it like when you read an awesome book?

No comments:

Post a Comment